masuga™ is a locally produced uncoated paper by Sappi, containing alternative environmental fibres in a natural shade. The paper boasts visible, bagasse fibre speckles and is available in three text weights as well as a laminated board weight.
masuga™, made with 90% sugar cane waste (bagasse), which is unbleached (totally chlorine free), offers a super smooth print surface. The remaining 10% virgin fibre is from a FSC™ and PEFC certified source. It is produced at Sappi Stanger Mill in KwaZulu Natal, which is ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001 certified, and as it’s locally produced it eliminates CO2 emissions associated with shipping.
is suitable for offset litho, screen, letterpress printing and digital printing qualified on the Kodak(NexPress). It is suitable for most printing techniques such as varnishing, embossing, foiling, die cutting and thermography. The 100, 120 and 170g/m² are compatible with desktop laser and inkjet printing.
masuga™ will appeal to a niche environmental market looking for a local alternative natural paper, which offers a distinct “earthy” appearance for all your business communication needs. It reflects Sappi’s commitment to innovation and sustainable business practice. masuga™ has excellent printing quality for an uncoated paper, good runnability and opacity, with superior bulk and dimensional stability. This paper is suitable for annual reports, corporate identity, direct mail campaigns, greeting cards, calendars, swing tickets, inserts, invitations, leaflets, posters and many more applications.